Complexity, Networks and more …
Director: Santo Fortunato
Professor, Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering
Director, Indiana University Network Science Institute (IUNI)
- Our work on how collaborators push scientists to switch topics has been selected for a plenary talk at the International Conference on Computational Social Science (IC2S2 2023) in Copenhagen. Fun collaboration with Sara Venturini, Satyaki Sikdar, Francesco Rinaldi and Francesco Tudisco. The paper is just out on the arXiv.
- Santo has been elected Fellow of the American Physical Society (2022), for foundational contributions to the statistical physics of complex networks, and particularly to the study of community detection in networks and applications to social and scientific networks. See Luddy’s release here.
Santo has been elected Fellow of the Network Science Society (2022) for seminal work in network community structure leading to advances in multiresolution approaches and validation, and for contributions to disseminating network science. See Luddy’s release here.
Recent Selected Papers:
- S. Venturini, S. Sikdar, F. Rinaldi, F. Tudisco, S. Fortunato, Collaboration and topic switches in science, arxiv: 2304.06826
- S. Fortunato, MEJ Newman, 20 years of network community detection, Nature Physics 18, 848-850 (2022)
- A. Tandon, A. Albeshri, V. Thayananthan, W. Alhalabi, F. Radicchi, S. Fortunato, Community detection in networks using graph embeddings, Physical Review E 103 (2), 022316 (2021)
- F. N. Silva, D. A. Vega-Oliveros, X. Yan, A. Flammini, F. Menczer, F. Radicchi, B. Kravitz, S. Fortunato, Detecting climate teleconnections with Granger causality, Geophysical Research Letters 48 (18), e2021GL094707 (2021)
- J. Li, Y. Yin, S. Fortunato, D. Wang, Nobel Laureates are almost the same as us, Nature Reviews Physics 1 (5), 301 (2019)
- A. Tandon, A. Albeshri, V. Thayananthan, W. Alhalabi, S. Fortunato, Fast consensus clustering in complex networks, Physical Review E 99 (4), 042301 (2019)
- L. W. Swanson, J. D. Hahn, L. G. S. Jeub, S. Fortunato, O. Sporns,
Subsystem organization of axonal connections within and between the right and left cerebral cortex and cerebral nuclei (endbrain), Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 115 (29), E6910-E6919 (2018)
- S. Fortunato, et al., Science of science, Science 359 (6379), eaao0185 (2018)